The Met Ball is one of the most star-studded nights in Hollywood. The only thing I’m interested in however is the dresses! To be very honest, it seems like the designers of today have really lost their touch as I was not very impressed at all with the dresses. However, there were a few eye-catchers…
1) My favourite for the night was Leslie Bib in Zac Posen. A traditional gown! I loved the grandiosity of the cut and shape and thought Leslie looked fabulous overall.
2) Lily Collins In Valentino was a very close second to me. I loved the simple, conservative old fashioned look, almost angelic. Very beautifully worn.
3) January Jones in Atelier Versace. Now I am not a fan of January at all, but I will admit that she pulled off this look amazingly. The yellow was a perfect shade and the cut of the dress was also very flattering.
4) Giselle Bundchen in Givenchy Haute Couture. Simply sleek But then again, she can make anything look good…
5) Karolina Kurkova in Rachel Zoe – now this one could’ve been really amazing but that head piece made her look a little…weird. Or maybe a lot weird….the dress was very flattering and quite over the top glamorous but that head piece……killed it.
Again, was not really super impressed with anything else. Rihanna just looked off and unflattering…nothing special whatsoever; Cameron Diez looked wider that she really is, and Beyonce….I know you can pull off a lot of things but this…..NO! Some things are meant to stay on the catwalk!